Shanti is a centre that offers care from a broad mental health perspective. The staff is well trained in mental health and psychology. Their de-addiction program implements many aspects of the Twelve Steps, but also includes Occupational Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, and Relaxation Therapy.
Also included in their program is relapse prevention and family services. These aspects of the program demonstrate that Shanti understands the difficulty of recovery as well as the influence that family and others can have on the addict.
The process of de-addiction at Shanti involves the following:
- Intervention – patients are brought face to face with their addiction
- Detoxification – patient is purged from drug
- Rehabilitation – motivates and helps patients continue in their abstinence
- Counselling (both individual and group) – helps patient plan for day to day events and create a lifestyle of abstinence
- Relapse Prevention – help patients adjust to and implement new lifestyle
Send Your Direct Enquiry
Shanti Home Reviews
Be the first to leave a review.