A Non-Profit Organisation to help recover suffering addicts
NLNMK is a drug & alcohol residential rehab treatment centre.
We have sensible pricing making high quality treatment affordable for more people.
Our therapy is a highly structured, intensive, life-changing and practical treatment.
Our ethos is centred around; positive regard, encouragement, respect, understanding and tolerance. Everything we do is based on this ethos and NOT criticism, blame and shame. All our clients are treated with courtesy, empathy and honesty.
We presents a range of recovery techniques such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), 12-step, and Transactional Analysis, rather than sticking religiously to one model, so that individual’s needs can be met.
We consistently strives to achieve the highest standards of professionalism and care.
A number of our key-workers are recovered addicts and alcoholics who have first-hand understanding of addiction and alcoholism.
The treatment is abstinence based with a short chemical detox. We accept clients who are using alcohol heroin crack cocaine speed cannabis and all other drugs.
A consultant and therapist work with each patient to develop a unique and personal treatment plan based on history, personality, and medical needs.
The patient is informed concerning daily routine, visiting arrangements, and questions about the programme they may have. a through medical assesment is performed in order to develop a personalised treatment programme for the patient.
Our goal is to achieve detox and absitinece from alcohol and drugs as repidly, comfortably and safely as posible. Each patient receivesa plan tailored for his or her needs that is prescribed by a consultant.
Patients are educated about their addiction, provided with healthy diet, excercise and take part in daily schedule. The faimly residetial programme aids in restoring broken relationships and help both the patient and faimly recover.
Discharge and after care
We believe that recovery is a life long process. Patients take part in relapse prevention therapy and groups in order to prepare for long term process of recovery. Specialists help the patient get connected to his or her local AA/ NA group and recommendsweekly sessions for atleast 2 years after treatment.
As an outpatient addiction treatment program, we are dedicated to helping those seeking recovery from alcohol and other drug dependence. We provide programs to help people build a foundation in sobriety while continuing to work and function in their regular life roles.
Our program is a mixture of education, individual counseling, group therapy, and family counseling. We provide a foundation of knowledge and support for our patients and family members. We believe that it is essential to treat the whole family system, helping everyone to gain understanding of the impact addiction has on the family.
We believe that an advantage of outpatient treatment is that our patients learn basic recovery concepts and apply them in a real-life setting…as opposed to the artificial environment of a residential treatment setting.
Types of Addiction
1. Alcohol Addiction: This habitual addiction includes all types of alcohol products like country liquor, beer, wine, rum, whisky, laththa etc. Alcoholic drinks have deleterious effects on the nerves and the heart. Their destructive effects on the digestive system are well known. Alcohol blunts hunger, causes irritation and swelling of the lining of the stomach, and impairs.
2. Nicotine Addiction: Products like bidi, cigarettes, mava, gutka, tobacco chewing, snuff etc. Nicotine, is explicitly described in medical dictionaries as a powerful and active poison. Smoking introduces this poison, as well as the highly poisonous gas, carbon monoxide, into the lungs.
Nicotine causes increased secretion of adrenalin and noradrenalin into the blood stream, which results in a higher proportion of fats in the blood. It is for this reason that smoking accelerates the process of the hardening of the blood vessels. The arteries providing nutrients to the heart muscles also become congested, hardened and brittle, with consequences ranging from palpitation and hypertension to angina pectoris and heart attacks.
3. Drug addiction: Drug addiction consists of Fortwin, Proxyuon, Diazepam, L.S.D., Opium, Smack, Marijuana, Heroine, Cocaine, Charas, Ganja, Bhang, Brown Sugar etc. It is estimated that almost five percent of the population is addicted to one drug or the other.
A craving to obtain peace, to get rid of depression, to escape worldly sorrows and failures, to get an euphoric feeling or to get rid of social inhibitions leads people to the use of drugs. Chronic use of these drugs leads to severe damage to the liver, the heart, the kidneys, the brain and the nerves.
Withdrawal Symptoms of Alcohol / Nicotine / Drug Addiction:
Alcohol withdrawal refers to a group of symptoms that may occur from sudden stopping the consumption of alcohol after chronic or rolonged ingestion.
Not everyone who stops drinking experiences withdrawal symptoms, but most people who have been drinking for a long period of time, or drinking frequently or drink heavily when they do drink will experience some form of withdrawal symptoms if they stop drinking suddenly.
- Mild to moderate psychological symptoms:
- Feeling of jumpiness or nervousness
- Feeling of shakiness
- Irritability volatility, rapid emotional changes
- Difficulty with thinking clearly
- Bad dreams
- Mild to moderate physical symptoms:
- Head Ache
- Sweating, especially in the palms of the hands or the face.
- Nausea & vomiting
- Redness all over the body
- Loose motions
- Loss of appetite
- Insomnia or excess sleep
- Eyes, pupils different size
- Abnormal movements
- Shivering of the hands
- Involuntary, abnormal movements of the eyelids.
- A state of confusion and hallucinations (visual) known as delirium tremens.
- Agitation (action):- putting into motion by shaking or stirring Fever Convulsions.
- Black outs :- When the person forgets what happened during the drinking episode.
- Real love is often hard, inconvenient and costly. But true happiness only comes to those who care about others at some cost to themselves.
- Help for addicts begins only when we are able to admit complete defeat. This can be frightening, but it is the foundation on which we have built our lives.
Alcohol & drugs are ingested by many around us to have fun, as a remedy for emotional & stressful problems, to be part of a group, to feel good, to feel happy & for much more reasons without knowing that every 20 out of these 100 become dependent on it.
There are many people who consider use of alcohol for recreational or on social occasions as normal and acceptable, but little is their awareness that even this carries risk of road traffic injuries, socially inappropriate or embrasing behaviour.
Alcohol and other substance abuse not only damage the body of the person abusing but has harmful impact much more than himself. His / Her own life can have adverse effects like disrupted marriage and family life, loss of job, unemployment and stigmatization.
Send Your Direct Enquiry
New Life Nasha Mukti Kendra Reviews
Be the first to leave a review.