How much does rehab cost?
The cost of visiting a rehabilitation centre varies from place to place. But nonetheless, the cost involved in availing the facility of a rehabilitation centre is nothing in comparison to the cost of improving your life.. Now you must be wondering what a rehabilitation centre really is. A rehabilitation centre is a place where you go through the recovery programme after successfully completing the medical treatment of detoxification in the hospital.
According to a report published by NCBI India has a widespread drug problem. As per the report, alcohol, cannabis, opium, and heroin are the major drugs misused in India. Likewise, a United Nations Report, published in 2019 stated that drug use has increased by 30 per cent in India. The report published the facts that out of 271 million people using drugs, 35 million are afflicted with a drug use disorder.
The World Drug Report also showed that 35 million people worldwide suffer from drug use disorders while only 1 in 7 people receive treatment. You would indeed be surprised to know that cannabis is the most widely used drug in the world with approximately 188 million people have tried using this drug in 2017.
In view of such a grim situation, it becomes imperative for the countries to ensure that certain steps are taken to discourage the use of drugs as well as to provide adequate rehabilitation centres. However, you would be surprised to know that most people experiencing drug addiction refrain from visiting the rehabilitation centre due to the immense cost involved in the treatment and the social stigma attached to it.
Factors Involved in Determining the Cost of a Rehab
It is true that the cost of a rehabilitation centre varies from place to place. Now, several factors are responsible for this variation in the cost of treatment at a rehabilitation.
- The length of rehab treatment: The medical treatment for substance abuse depends on the kind of addiction. For instance, alcohol and heroin addicts generally witness immense withdrawal symptoms and hence, require medication during the detox treatment. However, the same is not the case with a cocaine addict. In other words, the duration of your medical treatment is the primary factor in determining the cost of rehab.
- The basic treatment was given during rehab which includes detox, therapy and basic amenities: Another primary factor deciding the cost of a rehabilitation centre is the kind of amenities available there. Say, for example, if you have been hospitalised then you might avail the facility of a private room with an attendant and your own cook. Likewise, the hospital offering you in-house treatment such as detoxification and recovery therapy could offer amenities such as a swimming pool or an ATM vending machine, massage, acupuncture and so forth.
- The average cost of a rehab- insurance cover provided during rehab: The above-mentioned factors certainly underline the cost of rehab. Nonetheless, if you want to lead a new life nothing should stop you from this even the shortage of finances. Do not lose hope. There are several options available to make up for the cost of rehab. Otherwise, also, several people are coming forth to help the needy. You should always remember that most of the rehabs offer financial aid, or accept insurance cover and provide other options as well. Some of the financial assistance options available for treatment at rehab are the following:
- State-run insurance cover: This kind of insurance cover is provided by the country or the state. For instance, in India, the ESIC ( Employees’ State Insurance Corporation of India) facility is provided to the employees. The employees avail themselves of the medical facility for themselves and dependents under this scheme. Likewise, in the United States of America, Medicaid is a public insurance programme for low-income families.
- Personal insurance cover: You might be fortunate enough to have bought medical insurance for yourself. Now, this is the right time to utilise it fully.
- The company provided medical treatment: You could also be covered by a medical insurance cover provided by your organisation. However, primarily you should first enquire about the coverage provided for addiction treatment and then accordingly, you should utilise it.
|Note – If you are looking for reliable, authentic, & unbiased information related to rehab centres across India, you can find it in our rehabilitation centres directory.|
The Benefits of Using a Rehab Facility
No doubt the cost of utilising the facility is extremely expensive, but once used it unleashes a new life in you. The huge amount of expenses involved in the treatment are nothing compared to the joy of leading a happy life. A person experiencing addiction tends to ignore his personal and professional life. He begins neglecting his relationships and responsibilities. All this can be rectified through treatment at the rehab. So do not feel let down by the thought that you might have to borrow money or run into debts for treatment at the rehab. There are numerous options available today which will certainly guide you in bearing the cost of rehab.
Listed below are some of the vital benefits of using a rehab facility:
- It gives you a chance to begin a new life by completely giving up on the addiction problem.
- It helps you to restore your personal and professional relationships.
- It helps to build new habits and practices such as yoga and healthy mental health skills in your daily routine life.
Let us take the case of the state of Punjab in India. In this state, the government for the first time in 2015 set up a state-financed rehabilitation centre for the treatment of drug addicts. However, the experts who are managing the centre have complained of the fact that patients who get detoxified in the hospital are reluctant to stay in the rehabilitation centre as their means of livelihood gets affected. The cost involved in this rehabilitation centre is approximately Rs 50 per day and it can be extended up to four to six months depending upon the condition of the patient. At the same time, there are private centres that charge Rs 1,000 per day as the cost of rehab.
In India, most of the rehab centres use ayurvedic medicine along with homoeopathy and naturopathy to treat patients. These rehab centres also provide their in-house counsellors, psychiatrists to treat and counsel the patients.
You must not deter from using the services of a rehab centre from the fear of the costs involved in it. It’s always a better option than investing in your addiction instead. Think of the positive benefits that you would avail after the treatment has been completed. Studies have proven that individuals who complete their treatment at the rehab have been able to lead a fresh new life full of vigour and vitality.